Our medical and dental coverage with Anthem is effective this Saturday—October 1st! Please remember that your Coventry and United Concordia enrollments terminate on 9/30 and that you MUST present your Anthem ID information for any services you use under the plan—including filling prescriptions—on/after October 1st. Be sure to update your providers in order to avoid inconvenient claims issues!
Anthem ID cards are still making their way to our plan members. If you haven’t received your medical ID cards yet, you should be getting them in the next few days. What to do if you don’t have them by 1st? First: No Worries! Here are some ways you can get confirmation of your coverage should you need to seek treatment, fill a prescription, etc. before you receive your cards via mail:
- Create an account at www.anthem.com—go to the “Register Now” link at the top right hand of the page; once you’re on the registration page, hit the I don’t have my Identification Number link, and that should allow you to enter your SSN, first name, last name, and DOB. Successful registration will allow you to view/print/download your Anthem medical ID card; if this doesn’t work …
- Call Anthem customer service M-F 8:30-6 and Sat. 9-1 at:
- Albemarle Select (Traditional) Plan members: 1-800-445-7490
- Albemarle Choice (Consumer Driven High Deductible with HSA) Plan members: 1-800-582-6941
- If Anthem Customer service is not available, you can give medical providers the following, along with the subscriber and covered member’s name, SSN, and DOB (be sure to use the correct card for your plan):
- Need to fill a prescription? You can tell your pharmacist you’re with Anthem (BIN# is 003858) and they should be able to find you in their system. Need help? The pharmacy help line is available 24/7 at 1-800-824-0898 (use for either plan).
What about dental?
Most, but not all, of the enrollment cards have been received by our members at this point. If you don’t have your cards by the middle of next week, or need to seek services before your cards arrive, please contact us for assistance.
A special note for those on the Albemarle Choice plan:
For those of you who signed up for additional contributions into your HSA (Health Savings Account), please note that your first contribution into your HSA will not take place until October’s paycheck. IRS rules prohibit HSA plans from accepting contributions until the plan is active. Our HSA plan is not active until 10/1, so we were not able to process contributions into these accounts in September. We’ll be sending Choice plan members a communication in the next few days to give you more information, some tips about contributing outside of payroll deductions, and more.
Human Resources staff are available to answer questions and help you through this process! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need assistance (434-296-5827).
For more information about your employee benefits, our web pages are always available when you are.