Monday, November 20 | 3:30 to 5 p.m. (Stop by anytime!) | ESOL Office
– OR –
Wednesday, November 29 | 3:30 to 5 p.m. (Stop by anytime!) | COB 246
Are you interested in improving your Spanish-speaking skills? ACPS teachers and administrators are invited to partake in a 2-3 week authentic language and cultural experience, June 16-30 or June 17 – July 9, 2018. Groups of teachers and students from Albemarle County Public Schools have been attending a program in Quetzaltenango for over 13 years, and we are looking to expand the choices to different countries. Participants will have the opportunity to choose/inform the specific location/dates.
Included in the Trip:
- 2 or 3 weeks of afternoon Spanish instruction (4-5 hours a day, 3 students per teacher format)
- Homestay with a local family, including 2-3 meals per day (1-3 students per family)
- Morning social and cultural activities, including cooking, weaving, dance classes, and volunteer work
- Weekend field trips
- All ground transportation
Estimated Cost: $1975 + airfare
Deadlines: Commitments/airfare deposits made in January and full payments due by May 1
Options for Summer 2018:
- Costa Rica Itinerary (need a minimum of 8 participants)
- Guatemala Information (need a minimum of 10 adults)
Questions? Contact Cyndi Wells, Lead Coach for ESOL & World Languages, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-296-6517 (ESOL Office).