You’ve probably heard that I am hosting a Listening Tour this summer. My intention is to relearn our school system from a new perspective—to see and understand our students, parents, employees, and school communities through new eyes and ears.
The first opportunity for teachers to participate is next Wednesday, July 11, with two more events the following week on Tuesday, July 17, and Wednesday, July 18. Additionally, I’ve reserved three dates in August specifically to hear from you: August 7, 14 and 29.
I’m hoping to hear from as many of you as possible. I invite you to meet with me and share your needs, challenges, aspirations, and ideas. During each listening event, this is my promise to you:
I promise to listen more than I talk, to be open to your ideas, to focus on building relationships with you that will move us forward as a school division, and to collaborate with you throughout each phase of my transition plan.
Please register to attend one of the following Listening Tour opportunities through the Opportunities Catalog (login required). If you are unable to join me in person, I hope you will share your ideas through the online form that we will make available next week.
- July 11 | 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. | Albemarle High School | Register
- July 17 | 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. | Albemarle High School | Register
- July 18 | 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. | Albemarle High School | Register
- August 7 | 4 to 5:15 p.m. | Jouett Middle School | Register
- August 14 | 4:30 to 5:45 p.m. | Monticello High School | Register
- August 29 | 4:30 to 5:45 p.m. | Western Albemarle High School (New!) | Register
I look forward to meeting with you!
Matthew S. Haas, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools