Are you interested in being immersed in a different culture for two weeks? Are you interested in improving your Spanish-speaking skills? Would you like to have a deeper empathy for what our English Learners experience on a daily basis? Then this trip is for you!
ACPS teachers and administrators with ANY level of Spanish proficiency are invited to partake in a two-week authentic language and cultural experience with Centro Panamericano de Idiomas (CPI), June 16-29, 2019, in Costa Rica. View a detailed itinerary »
Learn more by attending an informational session on Tuesday, October 2, at 4:30 p.m. We’ll meet in the ESOL Office located on the 3rd floor of the Northside Library at 705 Rio Road West.
Included in the Trip:
- 2 weeks of personalized instruction in Spanish (4 hours a day in a small-group setting)
- Homestay with local families (almost all meals are included in the trip price)
- Two different campuses: Heredia (outside of San Jose) and Monteverde (in the Cloud Forest)
- Afternoon social and cultural activities, including cooking; dancing; historical, natural and adventure tours; volunteer work; and a visit to a local school.
- Weekend trip to the beach at Manuel Antonio
- All ground transportation
- Our own group assistant, if we get a group of 8
Estimated Cost: $1,980 + airfare & travel insurance. Since a primary purpose of this trip is attending language classes daily, PDRP can help defray the cost.
- November 1 – Express non-binding interest
- February 15 – Purchase airline tickets (although the sooner you purchase, the cheaper they will be)
- May 1 – Pay tuition to the school
Can’t make the informational session or have questions? Contact Cyndi Wells, Lead Coach for ESOL & World Languages, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-296-6517 (ESOL Office).