On November 8, all employees received an email announcement regarding Albemarle County’s Online Annual Training (OATs), a yearly review of policies, procedures, and other important information for all Albemarle County Public Schools employees. Don’t forget to complete this required training by Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
The process takes about 20 minutes to complete. Here’s a quick review of how it works:
Step 1: Read the OATs presentation online.
Step 2: Successfully complete a short online quiz regarding the information reviewed in the training.
Step 3: Sign in to a secure site to certify that you have completed this year’s OATs. The sign-in process is similar to that used for Open Enrollment:
- Enter your last name.
- Enter the last FIVE digits of your Social Security Number.
- Click on the Login button.
- From there, you will certify that you have completed this year’s Online Annual Training.
Each step of the process is linked: Once you finish reading the presentation, you will find a link to the quiz; once you complete the quiz, you will get a link to the sign-in site.
Want more information about how the OATS process works? Watch a short video tutorial.
Having problems? Below is a list of the most common issues people have encountered in prior years:
- The starting link doesn’t open.
- Make sure you’re using Internet Explorer for your browser.
- If you don’t have Internet Explorer as a browser option, copy and paste the below link into the address bar of your browser:
- You are stuck on one of the quiz questions.
- The quiz is designed to advance to the next question once you have answered the current question correctly. Try selecting another answer and see if that works.
- You receive an “employee not found” error on the sign-in screen for the certification site.
- Make sure you spell your last name correctly
- Enter the last FIVE digits of your social security number, not just four.
- If you were hired during the last 30 days, you are not in the OATS training list because this information was covered during orientation. You do not need to complete OATS this year.
If these suggestions don’t work or you’re encountering other issues, please email email@example.com. We’ll be tracking the types of issues through this centralized account to better manage and improve the OATS process.
Thank you in advance for your participation in this training. While some items do not change significantly from year to year, there is always something new to learn. We sincerely hope you find the information beneficial for you and the students under your care.
Thank you for completing this mandatory online training by Wednesday, November 14.