Phase I of Kronos, our new time and attendance system, launched on October 19 for Broadus Wood Elementary School, Sutherland Middle School, Building Services, Fiscal Services, the Department of Technology, the Superintendent’s Office, and certain central office departments. Phase II, including all other ACPS schools and departments, will launch on Saturday, November 16.
All employees who will begin using the Kronos system in Phase II should complete the appropriate training module by Friday, November 15. You can access the training modules for exempt and non-exempt employees and teachers through our Time and Attendance web page. The flex day on November 4 might be the perfect time to complete your training!
As a reminder, the third and final phase of Kronos implementation (payroll integration) will begin in mid-December.
Important notes about the training modules:
- Non-exempt employees should be able to complete the module in 1½ hours.
- Exempt employees and teachers should be able to complete the module in an hour.
- You may review your training module all at one time or take your time over multiple sessions.
- You can revisit the training modules as often as you would like.
- Within your module, you may click on the sound icon on each slide, which may be particularly helpful when there is a lot of information, plus you have access to speaker notes that give more detail.
- On the last slide, be sure to verify that you completed the training.
Need some practice?
We have created a “sandbox” that will allow you to practice using Kronos on a site that mirrors the live site. The sandbox will allow you to “play” within the system without impacting live data. This is a great way to get acquainted with the Kronos system!
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.