The Piedmont Regional Education Program/Parent Resource Center (PREP/PRC) invites you to attend Live and Learn, their FREE information and resource fair, on Saturday, December 3, at PVCC, located at 501 College Drive in Charlottesville.
This family event includes presentations, a Resource Fair with exhibitors, door prizes, face painting for children, and refreshments. Open the event flyer »
Information session topics:
- Understanding Special Education
- ADHD: Understanding Your Uniquely Wired Brain
- EDCD Waivers
- Interpreting Assessment Results
- Talking About talking: Essentials for Speech-Language Therapy
- AIM for Success: Using Accessible Instructional Materials to Help Students With Dyslexia
- Successful Transition From High School to College
- The Albemarle County Sheriff’s Office will present on Project Life Saver International and share information about transmitter bracelets for individuals with neurological disorders who may wander or become lost.
- The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) also will be onsite to provide parents an opportunity to obtain child IDs (for children under the age of 15). Parents should bring their own photo ID and their child’s birth certificate. The DMV charges $10 per ID. In addition to serving as an identity document, the child’s photograph is stored in DMV’s database. If the child becomes missing, DMV can retrieve the image from the database and transmit it to law enforcement anywhere in the United States.
Registration is encouraged for this FREE event, but not required. For more information or to register, contact:
Deborah Anama, PRC Coordinator
434-975-9400 ext. 68032
A Child Activity Room will be available with advance registration.
PREP provides special education programming and related services to families in Charlottesville City and the counties of Albemarle, Culpeper, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Nelson, and Orange.