K-2 Teachers: K-2 families without access to a computer at home are offered an ACPS iPad. These iPads are designed to support teachers and students with safe learning experiences during our extended closure. Please see below for important information about these devices as you design instruction.
What to know:
- Applications are centrally managed with our app management system named JAMF. For information about requesting or vetting an application, see Steps for App Requests and Vetting.
- All selected apps are high quality and developmentally appropriate, as determined by our official vetting process.
- We preinstalled applications not internet dependent to support families with access challenges.
- Applications that do require the internet are available through self-service. This App Information Sheet was included with the iPad during pickup for families.
- We understand that teachers may rely on students being able to use a web browser with iPads. Currently, there is no way to filter web browsing on iPads outside of our school network. As such, we did not include Safari or Google Chrome for student use at home due to federal legal requirements (Children’s Internet Protection Act – CIPA) and our division’s commitment to web safety.
Important considerations when designing instruction for a student with an ACPS K-2 iPad:
- Resources shared in Seesaw that require the student to click on a link that takes them outside of Seesaw will not function appropriately.
- Uploading files, videos, and other resources that keep students inside of Seesaw will ensure the best experience for your students.
Please reach out to your school’s assigned Instructional Coaches and Learning Technology Integrator (LTI) as you plan instruction with new technology tools during this time of extended closure. If you have any specific questions about iPads, please reach out to your LTI for support. If your families have any technical difficulties with their iPad, please have them call the Department of Technology’s Service Desk at 434-975-9444.