Albemarle County Public Schools (ACPS) recognizes that your child care needs may change as the division moves to Stage 3 of our Return to School plan on November 9. We are happy to announce that ACPS will continue to offer the Staff Child Care Program (SCCP) in the second quarter of the school year at three locations:
- Henley Middle School (Brownsville Elementary Program relocating to this site)
- Sutherland Middle School (Hollymead Elementary Program relocating to this site)
- Monticello High School
The SCCP will operate each school day from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
SCCP Attendance/Tuition Options
For the second quarter of the school year, the SCCP is offering two attendance options: full-time (4-5 days/week) and part-time (1-3 days/week). Weekly tuition is determined by the attendance option selected:
- Full-time (4-5 days per week)
Tuition: flat rate of $100 per week for the first child and $50 per week for each additional child
- Part-time (1-3 days per week)
Tuition: flat rate of $65 per week for the first child and $32.50 per week for each additional child
- Families with multiple children may choose a different attendance option for each child.
- Once families select their weekly schedule, days of attendance must remain the same throughout the second quarter (November 9, 2020 – January 29, 2021).
- Families with a child who will be participating in the ACPS hybrid learning option in the second quarter will be contacted by their child’s principal or teacher in the next few days about whether they will attend school in person on Monday and Wednesday or on Tuesday and Thursday.
Current SCCP Participants: Complete Intent Form by Nov. 3
Current participants in the SCCP do not need to reregister; however, all current participants need to complete the SCCP Intent Form by Tuesday, November 3, to select your schedule for the second quarter.
Interested Employees: Complete the Registration Form by Nov. 4
The SCCP is now accepting new registrations! Interested families should complete the SCCP Registration Form by Wednesday, November 4. Please submit one form per child.
Space is limited. Slots will be allocated on a first come, first served basis by family. Parents will be notified about the status of their child’s registration by Friday, November 6. Students who do not receive a slot in the program will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which their registration form was submitted.
The SCCP is limited to children aged 4-12. Employees do not need to be residents of Albemarle County, and participants do not need to be students of Albemarle County Public Schools.
Please consult the SCCP Parent Handbook for specific information on how the program will operate, including policies and requirements. In particular, please note that parents should provide a morning and afternoon snack for their child as well as lunch. Lunch also can be obtained on-site each day free of charge, regardless of income level.