What an amazing year we have had! The Department of Technology thanks all of you for your hard work to ensure that our students were successful this school year, and we wish you the best summer! Before you leave for the summer or take vacation, here are some important reminders and tips:
Change Your Password
- We recommend that you change your password before you leave. For the most secure password, think about a password phrase that makes sense only to you.
- Do you know that we have a Self Password Portal that you can set up to self-manage your password? This would be a great task for you to complete before you leave for the summer so you won’t need to do it in October when we will require passwords to be changed.
- We will also require students in grades 3-12 to change their password this fall. This will allow for digital citizenship learning to occur prior to the required password change on October 14.
Reimage Your Computer
Having your computer reimaged is best practice to make sure you have the most up-to-date and currently available software and teaching tools. It also allows your computer to perform at its most optimal level, and for teachers, it ensures that you have access to the same configuration as your students. Please note: Prior to having your computer reimaged, you will need to back up your computer.
- For support with backing up your computer, this resource will help you safely store your files and access them from any device. If you need assistance, please reach out to your school’s Learning Technology Integrator (LTI).
- To schedule a time for your computer to be reimaged, please contact your school’s Technology Support Specialist (TSS).
Continue to Use Your Cautious Lens
Remember to delete those spoofing, hacking and SPAM emails, and to never give out any personal information in response to an email, especially your password. ACPS will never ask for your password in an email! Check out this video to learn more about using your “cautious lens.”
Are You Departing ACPS?
- Make sure you turn in your assigned technology to your supervisor.
- Our Google Support Site can assist you with taking your digital assets with you.
- Make sure that any Google asset that may be needed by your PLC or other faculty is moved to a Shared Google Drive. This resource will support this transition of Google assets.
End-of-Year (EOY) Checklist
There are several resources on your EOY Checklist that are technology-related:
- End-of-Year Schoology Communication
- How to Back up Files on an ActivPanel (because panels stay with the classroom)
- Google Support Site
Again, the Department of Technology sincerely hopes that you have an amazing summer! We look forward to seeing you in August!