Attention teachers of students in grades 4-12: Have you considered organizing a KidWind Challenge Team? This year’s regional event will be held right here in Charlottesville on April 8, 2019! Please consider attending the Coach Training Workshop on November 14 to learn more and receive free equipment to get started in your classroom. (Attending the workshop does not commit you to forming a team.)
The KidWind Challenge is the ultimate wind energy learning experience for students. Find out how middle and high school students around the country are exploring wind energy through the hands-on, investigative, and exciting KidWind Challenge!
When students participate in a KidWind Challenge they will:
- Discover the promise and limitations of wind energy technology.
- Design, build and test a functional creative wind turbine.
- Compete with their peers in a supportive environment.
Get Involved in the Central Virginia Challenge
- Attend the Coach Workshop (November 14, 2018, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.)
Where: APEX Clean Energy, Design Center, 501 Locust Avenue, Charlottesville
Participants will get hands-on experience building wind turbines and with other equipment and resources to prepare students. Those who come will get a starter kit and a reduced registration fee for their team, if you register. A tour of the APEX remote operations control center also included! Register now »
- Come to Practice Day with your team (March 23, 2019)
Where: Virginia Discovery Museum, 524 E. Main St, Charlottesville
Teams can come and get time in the competition wind tunnel before the official competition. No registration or RSVP necessary.
- Attend the Central Virginia KidWind Challenge (April 8, 2019)
Where: University of Virginia
Register now »