benefitsFOCUS is our way of communicating important Albemarle County employee benefits information to YOU! We’ll give you updates, tips, and head’s up announcements throughout the year in order to keep you in the loop. In this larger than normal edition …
What’s the BIG news?
September payroll! Why is this a big deal? September is the first payroll for the new school year and it’s also the first payroll of the new medical/dental/FSA benefits plan year. So, while it’s always a good idea to review your monthly earnings statement for accuracy, it’s especially important to do this in September, as new premium rates, benefits changes you might have made, etc., that are associated with the new medical/dental/FSA plan years are reflected in the September payroll. PLEASE be sure to access your earnings statement and carefully review your benefits deductions to ensure that your statement accurately reflects your benefits elections and PLEASE let us know immediately if you think something is amiss.
Some more things you should know:
- If you newly elected the Albemarle Choice plan (our High Deductible medical plan with Health Savings Account), either during Open Enrollment or as a newly hired school division employee, please remember that you will not see ANY contributions into your Health Savings Account until the end of October due to IRS restrictions. This includes any voluntary contributions you may have requested. We’ll be sending you a targeted communication that will give you Choice-plan specific information, including helpful tips, so please be sure to review this communication when it arrives. Makes GREAT weekend reading!
- If you have questions about your earnings statement, here’s how you can get assistance:
Our NEW medical and dental plan year begins October 1st! Here’s what you need to know in order to be prepared for whatever comes your way:
- If you were on the medical and/or dental plans prior to August and did not make any changes during our recent Open Enrollment period, you WILL NOT receive new cards for the new plan year (begins 10/1). Keep on using the cards you have! Can’t find your cards? GET them before you NEED them (see below for ways to do this).
- If you made changes during Open Enrollment to your medical/dental elections, or are a newly hired employee who has not yet received enrollment cards for your coverage, here’s the 411:
- Anthem medical and dental cards come in separate mailings AND have separate online access accounts: medical plan account creation and dental account creation. (TIP! If you are a brand new medical plan enrollee and don’t have your medical card, call Anthem’s Customer Service number [Select plan members use 800-445-7490; Choice plan members use 800-582-6941] and advise the rep. that you are a new member, and that you need your Anthem ID# so you can register on-line. The Customer Service lines are staffed until 6 pm M-F and from 9-1 on Saturdays.)
- Albemarle Select medical plan participants receive a card in the name of the primary enrollee ONLY – you WILL NOT receive individually labeled cards for any dependents you may have on the plan. Need more than what you received or want to verify the names of your dependents on the plan? Call Anthem or set up an online account to review info/request additional cards.
- Albemarle Choice medical plan participants WILL receive a card for each covered member (individually labeled cards streamlines coordination with your Health Savings Account).
- Keep reading your benefitsFOCUS newsletters for tips on how you can be a wise health care consumer, learn more about your Anthem plan benefits, and use mobile tools to access your account information – including your ID cards!
What else should I know?
If you newly enrolled in the Albemarle Choice plan and have not yet received your welcome packet from HealthEquity (our Health Savings Account administrator), please contact them directly at 866-346-5800.
If you newly enrolled in a medical FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and have not received your debit card, please contact Karen Groves at LD&B Benefits Administrators (our FSA administrator) at kgroves@LDBbenefitsadmin.com or via phone at 540-437-1469 or 877-532-5478 for assistance.