The Albemarle County Parks & Recreation Department will host its annual Christmas Tree Recycling Program from December 26, 2019, through January 19, 2020, daily from 7 a.m. until dark, at the following collection sites:
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority Recycling Center on McIntire Road;
- Crozet Park in Crozet;
- Greenwood Community Center in Greenwood;
- Chris Greene Lake Park in Earlysville;
- Darden Towe Park on Elks Drive;
- Scottsville Community Center in Scottsville; and
- Walnut Creek Park off Old Lynchburg Road.
The Christmas Tree Recycling Program has been offered annually since 1988 and aims to reduce the impact on our landfill while helping citizens dispose of a large and cumbersome item. As a reminder, this program is for Christmas trees only (no yard waste or Christmas wreaths), and all decorations, stands and nails must be removed from the trees.
Free mulch from the recycled trees will be available starting February 1 at Darden Towe Park.
Helpful tip: The Recycling Center on McIntire Road may be congested. Please consider Darden Towe Park as an alternate location. Darden Towe is often less congested and is better suited for large loads and contract haulers.