UPDATE: Effective February 3, 2022, everything you need to know about COVID-19 testing for employees is now on our website at www.k12albemarle.org/CovidTesting.
Important Announcement: All ACPS-sponsored COVID-19 testing sites will be closed on Monday, January 17, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Testing sites will resume their normal schedule on Tuesday, January 18.
Keep reading for more COVID-19 testing updates, including a new testing procedure for employees who are symptomatic, testing site operations during inclement weather, and other options for local testing. You’ll also find a copy of the regular testing schedule for your convenience.
Employees who are symptomatic and/or have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 must use drive-up testing rather than walk-in testing. Phone numbers for each testing location have been added to the Regular Testing Schedule (below) and are posted on the door of each site. Upon arrival at the testing site, please call the clinic phone number for assistance. Do not enter the building if you are symptomatic. A GENETWORx staff member will walk out to your car to administer your test.
NEW! Symptomatic employees should register in advance whenever possible. (Pre-registration is preferred, but not required.) Please follow these steps to pre-register:
- Click here to create an account in the Aura/GENETWORx test scheduling system (using Chrome or Safari).
- Next, register for an appointment location and time.
- As a reminder, when you arrive at the testing site, call the clinic phone number for assistance; do not enter the building if you are symptomatic.
- Your results will be posted in the Aura app and website.
Regular Testing Schedule
Below is the regular testing schedule (non-holiday schedule), including phone numbers:
|School||Testing Location||Phone Number||Testing Days||Testing Times|
|Albemarle High School|
2775 Hydraulic Road
|Athletics Lobby Vestibule; |
enter at rear bus loop
|10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
|Western Albemarle High School|
5941 Rockfish Gap Turnpike
|Concession stand |
near football field
|Outdoor site; |
no phone (Please
maintain 6 feet of
|Thursday||10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.|
|Walton Middle School|
4217 Red Hill Road
enter through school’s
|434-972-1624||Thursday||4:30 – 7:00 p.m.|
1180 Seminole Trail
|Technology entry |
area; enter at loading
|12:00 – 6:00 p.m.|
Inclement Weather Plans
During inclement weather, our GENETWORx testing sites may be open on days when schools are closed. Given the recent surge of COVID-19 cases, we will do our best to open our testing clinics for symptomatic/exposed testing as well as regular weekly testing. The decision to open during inclement weather will be based on road conditions, the ability of testing staff to travel safely, power outages, and other factors. Please keep an eye on your k12albemarle.org email address for updates on the status of testing sites during inclement weather.
Other Testing Options
Looking for other local testing options?
- Check out the Blue Ridge Health District’s COVID-19 Testing Sites web page. Please direct questions to the health department’s COVID-19 Hotline at 434-972-6261 (staffed Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or email BRHealthDistrict@gmail.com.
- You can also try the “Testing Locator” featured on the Virginia Department of Health’s COVID-19 Testing Sites web page.
As a reminder: All employees who are required to participate in weekly testing must use our ACPS/GENETWORx sites for testing.