Secondary Teachers: We have learned through student survey feedback that some students are not sure how to request technology support. To help us spread the word, can you please post the following information in your respective Schoology courses?
ACPS students have multiple options for receiving technical support:
- Call your school and ask for technology support. You will be transferred to a technician who will assist you.
- Use the online Student Technology Support Form to submit a service ticket. Students may also log a Service Desk ticket directly in the KACE Ticketing System.
- Call the ACPS Service Desk at 434-975-9444, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and ask for assistance.
- Visit our Return to School: Technology Support web page for helpful information and troubleshooting tips.
Also, teachers, please familiarize yourself with the top 5 things you can do to keep your technology working well. These are great reminders when supporting students with technology:
- Restart your computer every morning!
- Use the Chrome browser for most instructional applications. If you run into technical troubles, try a different browser.
- Keeping fewer internet tabs open at once will provide the most optimal internet browsing experience.
- Be aware that the speed of your home network is important when streaming video and downloading/uploading large files. (We recommend 3 Mbps per user for optimal experience.)
- Limit the number of applications you have open at one time. Having several applications open may slow down your computer.