Open Enrollment (November 1-15) is a BIG deal! Why? Because it’s the one time during the year that benefits-eligible employees can:
- Add, drop or change medical or dental coverage;
- Enroll in our new voluntary vision plan;
- Add, drop or change the dependents covered on those plans; and
- Enroll in a healthcare or dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2024. (FSA elections do not carry over from year to year. If you want to participate next year, you must elect to make contributions during Open Enrollment.)
Open Enrollment takes place in the ADP Employee Portal. When the Open Enrollment window opens on November 1, you will see a pop-up announcement when you log in to ADP that will guide you to where you can make your 2024 plan year elections. If you miss the Open Enrollment window, the only time you can make changes to these benefits is if you have a mid-year qualifying event that allows you to make eligible changes.
Here are some tips to help you sail through the Open Enrollment window:
- Give yourself time to review your 2024 benefits options and rates on the Open Enrollment info page, and ask questions if you have them.
- Know which medical and dental plan you’d like to be on next year.
- Be aware of FSA/HSA contribution maximums for 2024, if you plan to participate. (You can find these on the Open Enrollment info page!)
- Have the birthdate and social security number information for your covered spouse and children so you can verify them in ADP. (This is important for Anthem and for tax reporting purposes.)
- Be prepared to go in EARLY! Don’t wait until the last few days of Open Enrollment to log in to ADP and complete the Open Enrollment process.
- Human Resources will host walk-in Open Enrollment labs at Making Connections on Monday, November 6. Swing by if you have questions or need assistance!
Whether you just have a quick question or you’d like to schedule a virtual consultation with a member of our benefits team, we’re here to help! You can reach us by email at email@example.com or give us a call at 434-296-5827.
For your convenience and reference, here are links to articles in our recent “Open Enrollment Essentials” series:
- Get to Know Your Medical Benefit Options (Oct. 23, 2023)
- What Is a High Deductible Medical Plan & Is It for Me? (Oct. 24, 2023)
- New Voluntary Vision Plan (Oct. 25, 2023)
- Dental Benefit Options (Oct. 26, 2023)
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Why You Might Want One in 2024 (Oct. 27, 2023)
- Disability Benefit Options (Oct. 30, 2023)