Volume 1, Issue 10
Board Meeting Highlights
Highlights from the most recent school board meeting on January 25, 2024, were featured in issue 9 of Insider Express. The next regular school board meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 8, at the County Office Building on McIntire Road.
Engage With the Board
- Visit the School Board Members web page to learn more about our school board representatives.
- Attend school board meetings in person or virtually by video livestream.
- Sign up to provide public comment at a meeting.
- Email the board at SchoolBoard@k12albemarle.org.
Board Meeting Resources
- Access video recordings of school board meetings on our Meeting Recordings web page.
- Find materials presented to the board by clicking on the meeting date in the Agenda List in ElectronicSchoolBoard (ESB), and then clicking on the agenda item of interest.
- View meeting minutes in ESB through the Minutes Library.
In case you missed it, check out this recent press release:
TeacherDirect is a weekly newsletter designed to provide a direct line of communication between the Virginia Department of Education and classroom teachers and educators. Subscribe to TeacherDirect to receive weekly updates from VDOE via email!
Some highlights from the January 31 issue include:
- Public Hearings on the Proposed 2024 English Standards of Learning
- Student Scholarship to Study in France – Summer 2024
- Dual Language Immersion Day Conference
- Summer 2024 Employment Opportunities for Language Teachers
- 57th Annual Conference of the Virginia State Literacy Association
- Scholarship to Study in Taiwan – Applications due March 31
- Shenandoah Valley Writing Project
- Multilingual Learners 101 Workshop – March 14, 2024
- Hometown Teacher Program
- National Security Language Initiative – Critical Languages Grant
- Mathematics and NAEP Framework Analysis
- And more!
Virginia Education Update Newsletter
Virginia Education Update is a weekly newsletter from Dr. Coons, Superintendent of Public Instruction, that serves to communicate official information from the Virginia Department of Education to school divisions.
The January 25 edition contains items that may be of interest to teachers and other school division employees, such as:
- VPI Projected Slot Allocations for FY25 (24/25 School Year)
- Spring Local CLASS Observation Window Now Open
- Lexia ALL In Support
- Sign up for Zearn Math Training Sessions
- Office of Behavioral Health and Wellness
- Lessons on Dangers of Fentanyl
- Central Virginia Human Trafficking Symposium