ACPS Educators: You’re invited to apply for the Virginia Department of Education’s 2022 Teacher of the Year! As part of this process, ACPS will also select and formally recognize an Albemarle County Teacher of the Year.
Interested in applying? Please complete our 2022 Teacher of the Year Interest Form by this Friday, May 7. In response, we will reach out to all interested teachers with more information about the application process. The state application window closes on May 28, so the turnaround time is short.
Candidates for both the VDOE and ACPS Teacher of the Year should:
- Inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve their highest potential;
- Collaborate with colleagues, students and families to create and foster a school culture of respect and success;
- Play an active and innovative role in connecting the classroom and the community to advance engagement and excitement around learning;
- Demonstrate leadership inside and outside the classroom that embodies lifelong learning;
- Possess knowledge about their teaching areas and the education profession with an emphasis on continuing professional development and growth;
- Be able to communicate effectively with and generate support among all audiences; and
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to equity.
Questions? Please contact Phil Giaramita at email@example.com.