Volume 1, Issue 2
|News from ACPS|
Board Meeting Highlights
Engage With the Board
As a reminder, school board meetings are open to the public. You can attend in person or virtually by video livestream. Unless otherwise noted on the Agenda List in ElectronicSchoolBoard (ESB), board meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building, located at 401 McIntire Road in Charlottesville. You can also engage with the board by signing up to provide public comment at a meeting or by emailing the board at SchoolBoard@k12albemarle.org.
Board Meeting Resources
School board meetings are recorded, so if you miss one you’re particularly interested in, you can access the video recording on our Meeting Recordings web page. You can find materials presented to the board by clicking on the meeting date in the Agenda List in ESB, and then clicking on the agenda item of interest. You can also view meeting minutes in ESB through the Minutes Library.
In case you missed them, check out these recent press releases:
|News from VDOE|
TeacherDirect is a weekly newsletter designed to provide a direct line of communication between the Virginia Department of Education and classroom teachers and educators. Subscribe to TeacherDirect to receive weekly updates from VDOE via email!
Highlights from the November 15 issue include:
- Update on the Virginia Growth Assessments for Winter 2023-2024
- Newcomer Tool Kit for Working with Immigrant Students and Families
- Virginia Literacy Act Training Requirements Update
- PAEMST K-6 STEM Teacher Award
- Virginia Statewide LMS Credentials for Educators & Technology/Infrastructure Personnel
- And more!
Virginia Education Update Newsletter
Virginia Education Update is a weekly newsletter from Dr. Coons, Superintendent of Public Instruction, that serves to communicate official information from the Virginia Department of Education to school divisions.
The November 9 edition contains items that may be of interest to teachers and other school division employees, such as:
- ALL In Virginia
- Announcing Division Awards for the National Board Certification Incentive Award
- VLA Curriculum Review Cycle II Public Comment Opportunity
- English Language Proficiency Assessment 2023-2024 Testing Updates
- Breakfast Grant Opportunity through No Kid Hungry Virginia
- School-Based Mental Health Services Grant
- Public Comment on Lab School Application from George Mason University
|Visit the Archive|
All issues of Insider Express are archived in the Compass! Simply select Insider Express from the Posts by Category drop-down menu to access the archive.